After Hours

General discussion

TechRepublic's official feedback thread for the 2011 upgrade

By jasonhiner Moderator ·
Tags: Off Topic
Alright, so we've launched the new version of TechRepublic and we're very pretty excited about. See:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/techrepublics-2011-upgrade-simpler-and-lot-more-social/7473

On the other hand, we know that we've moved your cheese (see http://bit.ly/moved-my-cheese) and we realize that many of you who come here everyday are going to take a while to get used to the new layout.

However, we'd like your constructive feedback, and your help in running down bugs and alerting us to things we've inadvertently (or purposefully) changed that could have unintended consequences. Please post your feedback, bugs, errors, (and even applause) in this thread. If someone posts something that you agree with or were going to post then use the "+" voting button to vote it up. If someone posts something you disagree with then use the "-" voting button to vote it down.

Thanks in advance for helping us make the site better. We always appreciate your time and input.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Jason, dear....

by gadgetgirl In reply to TechRepublic's official f ...

going through My Account > contacts > I appear to have lost 90+ people..... (including YOU!)

How do we search for people?

(small list: on lunch, eating and typing.... )

GG

Collapse -

That explains it

by NickNielsen In reply to Jason, dear....

I was wondering why you counted me as a contact last week, but are not following me this week...

How you been, luv?

Collapse -

My usual is frantic

by gadgetgirl In reply to That explains it

but it's been frantically frantic lately. Mainly home, but now work is ramping up again after the holidays.

I think I better send you an email.... I owe so many people catch up emails it just ain't funny anymore. I'll group email the "huggers" at the weekend.

(Promise)

GG

Collapse -

I've heard that before

by NickNielsen In reply to My usual is frantic

Looking forward to it.

Wrap-around hugs.

Collapse -

Yikes

by jasonhiner Moderator In reply to Jason, dear....

I'm checking into it. Sorry about that!

Collapse -

That explains a lot.

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Jason, dear....

I tried to pm some peeps I know are in My Contacts, but couldn't. :0

Collapse -

You need a URL Icon on your home page, too.

by Compumind In reply to TechRepublic's official f ...

It is not there, when I click on the site.

It should be to the left of the URL.

Collapse -

I see it just fine...

by AnsuGisalas In reply to You need a URL Icon on yo ...

Using Opera.
May be on your end...

Collapse -

Downloads not properly linked

by Jeremy Barker In reply to TechRepublic's official f ...

Many blog posts state "This blog post is also available as a TechRepublic download". Unfortunately the links no longer work and you get dumped into a general downloads page with no workable method of finding the download you wanted.

Collapse -

Ugh, I don't think I can stand this

by JackOfAllTech In reply to TechRepublic's official f ...

After 10 years, this may be my last week on TR. I'm going to search for a tech site that still cares about looking professional.