French automobile manufacturer Renault, which is associated with Nissan, Daimler, Samsung, and other automotive companies, fell victim to the attack as well, though the company didn't report the extent of the damage.
- 98% of WannaCry victims were running Windows 7, not XP (TechRepublic)
- Why patching Windows XP forever won't stop the next WannaCrypt (TechRepublic)
- WannaCrypt makes an easy case for Linux (TechRepublic)
- Patching WannaCrypt: Dispatches from the frontline (TechRepublic)
- Video: How a cyberweapon developed by the NSA infected machines around the world (TechRepublic)
- Ransomware attack: The clean-up continues after WannaCry chaos (ZDNet)
- Ransomware attack: How a nuisance became a global threat (ZDNet)