The makers of the HummingBoard claim it can walk and talk like a Pi - just a good deal faster.
The HummingBoard offers a higher clocked, better optimised CPU and four times the memory of the Pi, along with integrated wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. Gigabit Ethernet, an on-board real-time clock module and an infra-red receiver are available as optional extras.
As a board that reproduces the layout and much of the configuration of the Pi its makers say it should also work with much of the hardware made to extend the Pi's capabilities.
Pricing and availability for the HummingBoard is not yet available.
- Processor: Quad core Freescale i.MX 6 ARM Cortex-A9-based CPU running at 1GHz
- Graphics: Integrated graphics providing video decoding and encoding acceleration
- Video/Audio: HDMI, LVDS. Analog audio out (PWM based). Coax SPDIF out for digital audio
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: Micro SD
- Connectivity: 2xUSB 2.0 host ports and optional eSATA port. Mini PCI-E. mSata.
- Network: 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet. BCM4329 WiFi
- Expansion: 26 pin header compatible with the Raspberry pi header. UART port. 8 pin header for FlexCAN, system reset and 5V / GND pins. Infra red receiver. MIPI Camera Serial Interface
- Power: Micro USB connector 5V as DC power