Home Usage of Company-Owned Equipment Policy
Employees who work from home often use company-supplied systems and devices, which helps ensure that they have consistent, state-of-the-art equipment to do their work. However, organizations should provide usage guidelines, such as this policy from TechRepublic Premium, covering the responsibilities of IT staff and employees.
From the policy:
For an organization to properly implement this policy it is important to separate and document IT department responsibilities and individual employee responsibilities.
IT department responsibilities
The IT department should:
- Arrange to obtain standard equipment for employee home usage to ensure consistent costs and ease of support.
- Utilize asset tags and track equipment via electronic documentation.
- Utilize mobile device management if applicable to be able to reset passwords, block unnecessary applications, and locate/wipe lost or stolen devices.
- Ensure the patching of remote computer systems/mobile devices.
- Ensure the use of anti-malware on remote computer systems/mobile devices and be able to confirm that they receive frequent signature updates.
This download is available as a PDF and Word document.
Previously priced at $99, this is now available to download for $19. Or free with Premium annual subscription: click here to find out more.