Information Security Policy
This policy from TechRepublic Premium provides guidelines to safeguard company information, reduce business and legal risks and protect company investments and reputation. It covers data. Its adjunct policy, the Network security policy, covers the systems and devices that transport and store data.
This policy can be customized as needed to fit the needs of your organization.
From the policy:
ACCEPTABLE USE OF SYSTEMS
Employees using company equipment (or their own equipment for company purposes) are representing the company, whether on or off company hours. Employees are responsible for ensuring that this equipment is used in an effective, ethical and lawful manner.
Examples of acceptable use are:
- Accessing file shares or databases to work on company-owned material that the employee needs to perform their job duties.
- Using browsers to obtain business information from commercial websites.
- Using email for business communication.
- Accessing Salesforce information on a company-owned mobile device.
- Printing confidential documents for a staff meeting.
This download is available as a PDF and Word document.
Subscribe to the TechRepublic Premium Exclusives Newsletter
Save time with the latest TechRepublic Premium downloads, including original research, customizable IT policy templates, ready-made lunch-and-learn presentations, IT hiring tools, ROI calculators, and more. Exclusively for you! Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays