Robotic process automation: A cheat sheet (free PDF)
Robotic process automation does exactly what its name implies: It uses robots to automate basic workflows, saving humans the time it would normally take to do predictable, repetitive tasks on a computer.
At its most basic level, RPA isn’t any different than any other form of automation, which generally aims to figure out which human tasks could be done by a robot and then designs the robot needed to do the task. RPA approaches automation from a different angle: The graphic user interface (GUI) of modern desktop software.
Learn more about robotic process automation in this free PDF download from TechRepublic.
In the download:
- What is robotic process automation?
- What are potential uses of robotic process automation?
- Is robotic process automation practical for today’s businesses?
- How will robotic process automation affect jobs?
- Who are the major robotic process automation software vendors?
- How do you get started with robotic process automation?