Tableau business analytics platform: A cheat sheet (free PDF download)
Tableau is a business intelligence and data analytics platform that is used by some of the largest companies in the world, including Verizon, Netflix, and Southwest Airlines.
With its mission statement of helping people “see and understand data,” Tableau’s software focuses primarily on data visualization. Tableau uses data gathered from various sources, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, and online analytical processing cube models, to create graphs and visual charts in a variety of formats. From simple bar graphs to mapping data onto real-world locations, Tableau has a wide range of capabilities suited to many business needs. It can even connect analytics reports to other products, like SharePoint, and display them right on dashboards.
If you want to learn about the Tableau BI/BA platform, here’s a free PDF download from TechRepublic on what data analysts and business leaders need to know.
In the download:
- What is Tableau?
- Why should my business use Tableau?
- Why did Salesforce buy Tableau, and how will the two integrate?
- Is it still possible to use Tableau without Salesforce software
- How does Tableau compare to Microsoft’s Power BI?
- How much does Tableau cost?
- How can my business start using Tableau?
- And more!