BYOD, wearables, and IoT: Strategies, security, satisfaction (TechRepublic Premium)
This archived TechRepublic Premium report, originally published in January 2016, is available for free to registered TechRepublic members. For all the latest research reports, 100+ ready-made policies, IT job descriptions, and more, check out TechRepublic Premium.
Here are some key findings from our research on BYOD, wearable devices, and IoT:
- BYOD is in use at 59% of organizations with another 13% planning to allow it.
- Wearables are in use at 24% of organizations with another 23% planning to allow them.
- IoT devices are being used or implemented for use in 32% of respondent organizations and planned
at another 35%.
- Employees are paying for their own devices and service plans the majority of the time (52%).
- The majority of respondents (51%) said IT costs have stayed the same after BYOD implementations,
while another 29% saw a decrease.
- Respondents were more likely to state that IT support responsibilities have increased (42%) after
- 53% of IT departments handled some or all of the deployment of personal, wearable or IoT devices.
For more results and analysis, download the full report.