Digital transformation research report 2018: Strategy, returns on investment, and challenges
Digital transformation initiatives and project work continue to expand in companies of all sizes, industries and geographic locations as the world moves closer to a digital economy.
TechRepublic Premium conducted surveys in both 2017 and 2018 to see how and where companies are implementing digital technology, the benefits and challenges of digitalization, and how digital vendors can best serve companies. Both the 2017 and 2018 surveys asked some of the following questions:
- Does your company have a comprehensive digital strategy, or are you working on one?
- Who’s asking for digital transformation technology in your company?
- Which digital technology has brought your company the greatest benefit?
- What are, or what have been, the biggest challenges to implementing digital transformation technology?
- What digital technologies have failed to deliver the benefits that you thought they would?
- What percentage of your IT budget do you plan to spend on digital transformation technologies?
Digital transformations continue to exist at relatively early experiential stages at many companies. Because many organizations lack experience with digitalization, there is a tendency to rely on digital technology vendors for guidance and support. Companies are also implementing digital technology where they can easily envision a return on investment that produces efficiency in company operations.
To find out more about digital transformation in the enterprise, see this ZDNet/TechRepublic special feature.
Download the TechRepublic Premium report: Digital Transformation 2017: Strategy, Returns on Investment, and Challenges.
Subscribe to the TechRepublic Premium Exclusives Newsletter
Save time with the latest TechRepublic Premium downloads, including original research, customizable IT policy templates, ready-made lunch-and-learn presentations, IT hiring tools, ROI calculators, and more. Exclusively for you! Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays