Hybrid cloud 2017: Deployment, drivers, strategies, and value
Hybrid cloud is a familiar concept for most business leaders now, and many are looking to this model as a way to save on hardware costs. In May and June 2017, TechRepublic Premium conducted a survey to find out how widespread hybrid cloud adoption is, what factors are important in choosing vendors, and and what kind of outcomes companies have after implementation.
Here are some key findings from the survey:
- In 2017, 36% of respondents said their company currently has a hybrid cloud solution, 32% said their company is currently evaluating one, and 32% said their company is not considering it. This has changed very little from a similar survey conducted by TechRepublic Premium in 2016.
- The top two reasons for choosing a hybrid cloud model were the same in 2016 and 2017: to avoid hardware costs, and its usefulness in disaster recovery.
- Between 2016 and 2017, Microsoft and Amazon have maintained their market shares as the leading hybrid public vendors.
- Microsoft and VMware continue to be dominant vendors in the on-premise and private cloud markets.
- When it comes to choosing a public cloud vendor, respondents said their companies look for three factors: features and services, cost, and familiarity.
- When asked what more they want from public cloud vendors, respondents said their companies want more attractive pricing, better security and governance, and better bandwidth.
This report contains more detailed results and analysis about vendor relationships. To read it, download the full report, Hybrid cloud 2017: Deployment, drivers, strategies, and value. And check out this ZDNet/TechRepublic special feature for a detailed look at the issues surrounding hybrid cloud decisions and implementations.
Subscribe to the TechRepublic Premium Exclusives Newsletter
Save time with the latest TechRepublic Premium downloads, including original research, customizable IT policy templates, ready-made lunch-and-learn presentations, IT hiring tools, ROI calculators, and more. Exclusively for you! Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays