A VAR’s Guide to Recurring Revenue: Making it Easier to Consistently Earn More
Recurring revenue is what happens when services are charged on a recurring basis, typically monthly or yearly (like your cell phone bill), and it can mean a lot of good things for your business.
Not only will it deliver a consistent stream of revenue that you can (literally) bank on, but when it comes time to think about legacy planning and selling your business, a company built on recurring revenue will be more attractive to potential buyers.
With recurring revenue, you’ll be able to:
- Count on a more reliable and predictable revenue source
- Determine the value of your business in multiple ways with more stable metrics
- Sell additional products and services to your existing customers by upselling or cross-selling
- Keep your business aligned to your customers’ changing needs, offering better service
- Better determine your ideal customer by focusing on long-term relationships instead of quick sales
- Determine your pricing based on the value you’re providing, instead of undercutting to win constant price wars
- Make your company more valuable, better positioning you for a merger or acquisition
Subscribe to the Innovation Insider Newsletter
Catch up on the latest tech innovations that are changing the world, including IoT, 5G, the latest about phones, security, smart cities, AI, robotics, and more. Delivered Tuesdays and Fridays