Analyst briefing: Five data center trends for 2013
August 21, 2013
Organizations around the world are choosing from various data center models to maintain 24/7 uptime and service levels for users and customers. A number of key trends are influencing their strategies.
This briefing examines five of these emerging trends:
- A move to multiple data centers
- Active participation in co-location
- A shift from outsourcing to insourcing
- The adoption of energy-efficient and knowledge-efficient data centers
- A new business services philosophy for IT staff
Industry analyst Mary Shacklett explains how incorporating these approaches into their data center strategy is helping companies provide an around-the-clock business presence that supports global customers and that complies with enterprise governance, regulatory, security, and service-level standards.