Building a Dynamic Infrastructure with IBM Power Systems: A Closer Look at Private Cloud TCO

Many companies are finding their need for greater business agility being frustrated by an increasingly costly and rigid IT infrastructure. The culprits are many. Maintenance of the current environment accounts for over 70% of the IT budget, leaving less than 30% available for new projects. Annual operational costs (power, cooling, and labor) of distributed systems and networking exceed their acquisition cost by 2-3X and continue to climb. Utilization rates of these commodity servers hover around 5-15% on average, leading to excess capacity going to waste.

Provided by: IBM Topic: Date Added: Mar 2010 Format: PDF

Find By Topic