BYOD, wearables, and IoT: Strategies, security, satisfaction (TechRepublic Premium)
October 15, 2017
This archived TechRepublic Premium report, originally published in January 2016, is available for free to registered TechRepublic members. For all the latest research reports, 100+ ready-made policies, IT job descriptions, and more, check out TechRepublic Premium.
Here are some key findings from our research on BYOD, wearable devices, and IoT:
- BYOD is in use at 59% of organizations with another 13% planning to allow it.
- Wearables are in use at 24% of organizations with another 23% planning to allow them.
- IoT devices are being used or implemented for use in 32% of respondent organizations and planned
at another 35%.
- Employees are paying for their own devices and service plans the majority of the time (52%).
- The majority of respondents (51%) said IT costs have stayed the same after BYOD implementations,
while another 29% saw a decrease.
- Respondents were more likely to state that IT support responsibilities have increased (42%) after
- 53% of IT departments handled some or all of the deployment of personal, wearable or IoT devices.
For more results and analysis, download the full report.