Research: Defenses, response plans, and greatest concerns about cybersecurity in an IoT and mobile world
In March and April 2017, TechRepublic Premium surveyed IT professionals about their companies’ cybersecurity readiness in the face of threats presented by mobile and IoT-connected devices. This research report contains the findings from that survey. Here are some of the key findings:
Here are some key findings from the survey:
- The majority of respondents (39%) rated their company’s cybersecurity readiness as above average.
- Nearly half of respondents (49%) stated that their cybersecurity readiness had improved over the past year. Only 8% said it had decreased.
- Of all cybersecurity risks, respondents felt their companies were most threatened by phishing, ransomware, and viruses.
- The most common methods for ensuring cybersecurity were utilizing malware products, applying patches and updates, and employing physical security methods.
- The three most popular techniques for creating a cybersecurity culture were user education, IT staff education, and ongoing security-related announcements.
This report contains more detailed results, plus analysis and recommendations for companies about how to stay safe as threats to mobile and IoT devices continue to evolve. To read it, download the full report, Cybersecurity in an IoT and mobile world: Defenses, response plans, and greatest concerns. And to learn more about security in this era of IoT, check out this ZDNet/TechRepublic special feature.
Subscribe to the TechRepublic Premium Exclusives Newsletter
Save time with the latest TechRepublic Premium downloads, including original research, customizable IT policy templates, ready-made lunch-and-learn presentations, IT hiring tools, ROI calculators, and more. Exclusively for you! Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays