Employee performance review policy
The purpose of this policy from TechRepublic Premium is to provide guidelines for employee performance reviews, which will clearly document accomplishments and areas of opportunity via an encouraging and thought-provoking analysis. This will assist in determining the next steps for employees as well as their future at the organization.
This policy can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
From the policy:
PERFORMANCE REVIEW GUIDELINES
The performance review process consists of several parts:
- Performance feedback: How well the employee has done in their role.
- Goal results for the past quarter: How well the employee met goals and skill building plans from the prior review.
- Goals and skills-building plan: What the employee should seek to achieve over the next quarter or year.
- Manager help: Areas where the manager should assist the employee.
- Recognition: What both the manager and employee felt was most important about the work performed.
- Summary: Overall rating, what’s working well and what else should be noted.
- Employee feedback: Thoughts, ideas or issues of concern from the employee.
Many of these parts require a scoring system. Where applicable, employees should be evaluated for performance and goal success using a colored scale.