Enterprise IoT research: Uses, strategy, and security
- Provided by TechRepublic Premium
- Published April 29, 2018
- Topic TechRepublic Premium
- Format PDF
IoT devices can be a valuable source of data that would otherwise difficult to obtain. In a recent survey, Tech Pro Research, wanted to find out how companies are taking advantage of IoT capabilities.
The survey asked the following questions:
- Does your company use IoT devices as part of business operations?
- Is your company involved in creating IoT devices?
- What are the devices that your company uses, produces, or sells used for?
- Does your company have an overall IoT strategy?
- What data is your company collecting with IoT devices?
- How does your company use, or plan to use, data collected with IoT devices?
- What, if any, measures are taken to secure data collected with IoT devices?
- Has your company had any challenges implementing IoT?
- Has your company had any difficulties finding people with skills to work on IoT projects?
85% of respondents said their company was using, or considering using, the technology in some way. Most said their company was using IoT devices as part of business operations, or considering doing so. This report contains all the data, plus analysis, from the survey.
For a comprehensive look at the issues surrounding IoT, machine learning, and big data, check out this special report from ZDNet and TechRepublic. And for details on future Tech Pro Research surveys, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.