Enterprise software: Advantages, opportunities, challenges (TechRepublic Premium)
October 15, 2017
This archived TechRepublic Premium report, originally published in December 2015, is available for free to registered TechRepublic members. For all the latest research reports, 100+ ready-made policies, IT job descriptions, and more, check out TechRepublic Premium.
Here are some key findings from our research on enterprise software:
- 69% of respondents currently use enterprise software and another 9% are considering an
implementation within a year
- Small companies were far more likely to not use or have a plan for enterprise software (nearly 22
times more likely than large companies, and over three times more likely than small to medium
- Databases, storage and human resources were the most popular business functions towards which
companies are using or considering enterprise software, however mobility was also cited as a strong
category for future deployments.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence (BI), Financial Management and IT
Service Management/System Integration were the top four components of enterprise software in use.
- 24% of respondents were “very satisfied” with their current enterprise software products and another
55% described themselves as “somewhat satisfied.”
- Nearly a third of respondents have replaced enterprise apps with cloud services within the past year,
or intend to do so in the next year and just slightly less are opting for a hybrid approach.
For more results and analysis, download the full report.