This archived TechRepublic Premium report, originally published in December 2015, is available for free to registered TechRepublic members. For all the latest research reports, 100+ ready-made policies, IT job descriptions, and more, check out TechRepublic Premium.
Here are some key findings from our research on enterprise software:
- 69% of respondents currently use enterprise software and another 9% are considering an
implementation within a year
- Small companies were far more likely to not use or have a plan for enterprise software (nearly 22
times more likely than large companies, and over three times more likely than small to medium
- Databases, storage and human resources were the most popular business functions towards which
companies are using or considering enterprise software, however mobility was also cited as a strong
category for future deployments.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence (BI), Financial Management and IT
Service Management/System Integration were the top four components of enterprise software in use.
- 24% of respondents were “very satisfied” with their current enterprise software products and another
55% described themselves as “somewhat satisfied.”
- Nearly a third of respondents have replaced enterprise apps with cloud services within the past year,
or intend to do so in the next year and just slightly less are opting for a hybrid approach.
For more results and analysis, download the full report.