Enterprise software: Advantages, opportunities, challenges (free, from Tech Pro Research)
This archived Tech Pro Research report, originally published in December 2015, is available for free to registered TechRepublic members. For all the latest research reports, 100+ ready-made policies, IT job descriptions, and more, check out Tech Pro Research.
Here are some key findings from our research on enterprise software:
- 69% of respondents currently use enterprise software and another 9% are considering an implementation within a year
- Small companies were far more likely to not use or have a plan for enterprise software (nearly 22 times more likely than large companies, and over three times more likely than small to medium organizations).
- Databases, storage and human resources were the most popular business functions towards which companies are using or considering enterprise software, however mobility was also cited as a strong category for future deployments.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence (BI), Financial Management and IT Service Management/System Integration were the top four components of enterprise software in use.
- 24% of respondents were “very satisfied” with their current enterprise software products and another 55% described themselves as “somewhat satisfied.”
- Nearly a third of respondents have replaced enterprise apps with cloud services within the past year, or intend to do so in the next year and just slightly less are opting for a hybrid approach.
For more results and analysis, download the full report.