Git guide for IT pros (free PDF)
Developed by Linux creator Linus Torvalds, Git is the most widely-used, modern version control system (VCS) in the world. This tool enables users and developers to collaborate on local machines/networks or via public servers. Developers should think of Git as their go-to collaboration tool.
Also, Git works seamlessly with GitHub (the world’s leading code hosting platform), though it doesn’t require the use of a public-facing service; in fact, Git can be easily used on a single machine or via a Git server on your own private network. Either way, collaboration on code or every kind of file is made exponentially easier.
This Git guide for IT pros ebook from TechRepublic provides a quick way to get up to speed on the VCS and better understand why and how Git’s impact on software development.
In the download:
- How to use Git: An introduction
- Git: A cheat sheet
- Git turns 15, and becomes even more important for distributed development
- How to connect GNOME Builder to your Git repository
- How to connect to your self-hosted Gitea git repository from the command line
- How to install the self-hosted Git server Gitea on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to install and use git-secret
- How to install Git on Android
- And much more!