Hardware purchasing task list
April 26, 2017
Following a formal procedure for IT hardware procurement enables your organization to streamline purchasing, implement checks and balances, and establish standards to optimize your business model.
This list, which complements our IT Hardware Procurement Policy
, will walk you through the necessary purchasing tasks and responsibilities to make sure each step of the process is addressed.
Among the items on the list are:
- Obtaining initial business division owner approval to proceed
- Establishing a project team consisting of representatives (where applicable) from the business division, legal, global change office, enterprise risk management/security services, and IT/enterprise architecture
- Conducting a market analysis of available sources
- Developing an RFP
- Building an appropriations request and business case
- Executing the contract
- Documenting the hardware, including redundancy, recovery, and downtime scenarios