The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update began rolling out in October, bringing with it a variety of new features and enhancements. This ebook offers a rundown of the most notable changes, along with tips and techniques for putting the new features to work.
From the ebook:
The fourth major update to Windows 10 has launched, promising to deliver new features big and small to Windows desktops. The headline features in the free Fall Creators Update are changes to how Windows 10 handles cloud storage, easier sharing with friends and family, better security, longer battery life, and a more intuitive design for the OS and its apps.
As with previous updates, however, don’t expect massive leaps forward—just more general tinkering around the edges.
- How do I get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? You can wait for Microsoft to push it to your PC or take steps to get it sooner.
- What’s in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? A variety of improvements, with standout features including streamlined cloud storage and a new social hub, as well as better security for business.
- What’s missing from the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? Unfortunately some of the most interesting features are still missing, ranging from the ability to pick up where you left off using Timeline to a cross-device cloud clipboard.
- Can I block the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? Not really, but there are ways to defer it for a long time.
- Can my computer run the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? If it can run Windows 10, it likely can run the Fall Creators Update, although taking advantage of some of the VR- and AR-enabled features will require a moderately powerful graphics card.