Mobile device security policy
This Mobile Device Security Policy from TechRepublic Premium provides guidelines for mobile device security needs in order to protect businesses and their employees.
This policy can be customized as needed to fit the needs of your organization.
From the policy:
REQUIREMENT FOR USERS
- If using a company-owned device, ensure that all mobile device use is for business/professional reasons.
- Only access information that is needed to perform your job or assist others in doing so as part of the valid scope of their duties.
- Do not share devices with other employees or non-company personnel.
- Always secure devices with passwords/PINs/biometric mechanisms.
- Do not attempt to circumvent or disable these mechanisms.
- Never share private passwords with those who are not authorized to have them, nor leave passwords in an accessible place (such as on a post-it note).
- Passwords must be changed immediately if it is suspected that they may have become known to others.