Slack is a cloud-based collaboration tool, which helps teams communicate. In the most basic sense, Slack is an email replacement, though it operates more like group messaging or Internet Relay Chat (IRC).
The goal of Slack is to increase productivity by simplifying communication, while putting Slack in the middle of your communication workflow. How do you do that?
In More Slack tips: A how-to guide, this free PDF ebook from TechRepublic offers more need-to-know tips in this how-to guide.
In this ebook:
- 14 slash commands every Slack user needs to know
- 5 How to get notifications on thread replies in Slack
- How to use and manage the Slack Activity pane
- How to install a bot on Slack
- How to add RSS feeds to your Slack feed
- How to add Slack to the Gmail sidebar
- How to integrate Dropbox into Slack
- How to add apps to Slack
- How to effectively use keyboard shortcuts in Slack
- How to take notes in the Slack mobile app
- And more!