This groundbreaking study from Ponemon Institute polled 3,529 IT and IT security professionals in eight countries to understand the steps they are taking in the aftermath of malicious and non-malicious data breaches.
Key findings of the report include:
- Data breaches are on the rise and organizations are unprepared to detect them or resolve them
- Breaches remain undiscovered and unresolved for months
- Security defenses are not preventing a large portion of breaches
- Malicious breaches are targeting key information assets within organizations
- The cost and cause of security breaches and the steps taken to remediate them