Project manager resume template: A framework for highlighting your skills and achievements
October 10, 2017
A strong, well-focused resume is essential for showcasing your knowledge and expertise. This template will help ensure that you include the most relevant aspects of your work history and accomplishments so that prospective employers will recognize the value you can bring to their projects.
Here are some do’s and don’ts shared by resume experts:
- DO tailor your resume to the PM field. Read relevant samples online and get someone in project management to review your resume draft and provide feedback.
- DO include a section for marketable skills and certifications (for example, PMI certifications, computer and language skills).
- DON'T focus on what you did in a job, but instead on how that affected the company's bottom line.
- DON'T put in an objective—it boxes you into a particular position, and it’s too easy to sound insincere.
- DO qualify and quantify your experience.
For more do's and don'ts, see the article How to build a powerful project manager resume