Research: Digital transformation plans shift due to COVID-19
For years, businesses have invested in digital transformation initiatives. However, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, those plans may have shifted in direction, accelerated, or stopped all together.
TechRepublic Premium conducted a survey in 2020 to learn about how tech leaders are reimagining business for the digital age.
The survey asked some of the following questions:
- Has your company altered its digital transformation plans as a result of COVID-19?
- How has COVID-19 affected your digital transformation priorities?
- Which digital technology has brought your company the greatest benefit?
- What are, or what have been, the biggest challenges to implementing digital transformation technology?
- What digital technologies have failed to deliver the benefits that you thought they would?
- What percentage of your IT budget do you plan to spend on digital transformation technologies?
- How much will your company spend on digital transformation technologies in 2021 compared to what you spent in 2020?
- How can digital technology vendors best assist your company?
Even despite the COVID-19 pandemic, which has affected companies and their IT initiatives, digital transformation has moved forward—with a continued focus on converting paper to electronic documents and developing online employee training.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has modified digital transformation objectives from previous years, namely elevating the need for communications and collaboration tools for employees who work remotely.
Another budgetary unknown is how COVID-19 and other unsettled elements in today’s environment will play out in 2021 budgets, most of which have been designed with “best case” and “worst case” spending scenarios that could be activated at a moment’s notice.
To learn more about digital transformation plans and COVID-19 impact on them, download the TechRepublic Premium report: Research: Digital transformation plans shift due to COVID-19. This report contains all the data, plus analysis, from the survey.
Subscribe to the TechRepublic Premium Exclusives Newsletter
Save time with the latest TechRepublic Premium downloads, including original research, customizable IT policy templates, ready-made lunch-and-learn presentations, IT hiring tools, ROI calculators, and more. Exclusively for you! Delivered Tuesdays and Thursdays