Smart office technology: What’s working, what’s failing, and what users want out of it
- Provided by TechRepublic Premium
- Published February 27, 2018
- Topic TechRepublic Premium
- Format PDF
Smart office technology holds promises of improved collaboration, energy efficiency, safety, health, and more. But do these devices and apps measure up in reality? In January 2018, Tech Pro Research, surveyed 246 professionals about their experiences.
The survey contained the following questions:
- What smart office technology are you currently using?
- What effect do these products have on your work life?
- Have you ever tried any smart office products that didn’t live up to your expectations?
- Which products didn’t live up to your expectations and why?
- What additional smart office products would you be interested in using?
- What do you see as the primary benefit of adopting smart office technology?
The majority of respondents said they currently use at least one form of smart office tech, with videoconferencing being the most popular. However, a little more than one third of respondents said they’d tried one or more devices or apps that didn’t live up to their expectations.
To read more survey results and analysis, download the full report.To find out more about creating the optimum smart office, check out this ZDNet/TechRepublic special feature.