The best programming languages to learn--and the worst
January 21, 2021
While not every programmer may follow the oft-repeated advice to learn at least one new programming language each year, most developers will continue to build their skills throughout their career. Many programmers find their job requires them to periodically brush up on new programming languages and their dialects, software frameworks, and tools. However, knowing what to learn and when can be difficult, particularly when new software frameworks and tools are created every day.
Further, knowing which programming language is best suited to help you as a developer requires that you understand what each language is capable of and why they are typically used.
The following ebook from TechRepublic Premium will give you an overview of how different programming languages are used, their strengths and weaknesses, and which programming languages are the most popular (and the least popular) in different career trajectories and why.
In the ebook:
- These are the programming languages most in-demand with companies hiring
- Python named TIOBE’s 2020 top programming language, but C tops the January index
- 5 programming languages cloud engineers should learn
- 5 programming languages application solutions developers should learn
- 5 programming languages network architects should learn
- Top 5 programming languages for network admins to learn
- Top 5 programming languages for systems admins to learn
- Top 5 programming languages data admins should know
- Top 5 programming languages web developers should know
- Top 5 programming languages for data scientists to learn
- Top 5 programming languages for mobile app developers to learn
- Top 5 programming languages for security admins to learn
- Top programming languages IoT developers should learn
- The future of programming languages: What to expect in this new Infrastructure as Code world
- The 10 most in-demand programming languages for developers at top companies
- 8 of the most popular programming languages
- The worst bugs in the top programming languages
- The two most hated programming languages among developers
- And more!