Windows 11, Microsoft’s newest major release of its operating system and the successor to Windows 10, rolls out to eligible devices on Oct. 5.
First up for the free upgrade: Eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs pre-loaded with Windows 11 that will soon become available for purchase. After eligible devices, the upgrade continues over time to “in-market devices based on intelligence models that consider hardware eligibility, reliability metrics, age of device and other factors that impact the upgrade experience,” Microsoft said. It expects all eligible devices to be offered the free upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.
The OS features an all-new simplified, yet modernized, interface and was designed to inspire productivity and creativity. How do you know if your PC can run Windows 11? How do you install it on a Mac or virtual machine? Find the answers to these questions and more in this free PDF ebook from TechRepublic.
In the Windows 11 ebook:
- How to tell if your PC can run Windows 11
- How to get the preview version of Windows 11
- How to install Windows 11 on a Mac
- How to install Windows 11 on a virtual machine
- How to get the Windows 11 security protections on an existing PC
- How to install Windows 11 from Microsoft’s ISO file
- And more!