The Windows 8 Business Intentions: Deployment Plans, Driving Factors, Roadblocks, and Strategies
report reveals key insights into who's moving to Windows 8, who's skipping it, and why. In this original research report from TechRepublic Pro and ZDNet, industry analysts break down the Windows 8 deployment plans of over 1,200 organizations from around the globe.Some of the key takeaways include the following:
- 73.7 percent of respondents say their organizations have no plans to deploy Windows 8.
- Only 15.8 percent of respondents who run Windows XP or an earlier version as their organization's primary OS say they plan to deploy Windows 8.
- Security and tablet/mobile integration top the list of factors rated important by respondents who plan to deploy Windows 8.
- The Windows 8 style UI and associated end-user training requirements are off-putting to many respondents.
- The number of respondents in Australia, Canada, Europe, and the US with plans to deploy Windows 8 was lower than in China, India, and Southeast Asia.
While Windows 8 Business Intentions is free for all TechRepublic and ZDNet members, future reports will be reserved for TechRepublic Pro members or available for one-off purchase through the TechRepublic store. Visit www.techrepublic.com/pro
for information on becoming a member.