General discussion
December 4, 2004 at 06:19 AM
bobthebuilder

Access 2000 Visual Basic

by bobthebuilder . Updated 21 years, 9 months ago

I have a form that shows all the fields for one record in a database. I currently use the Find button to find a particular record matching the key field, which is in the format of a single number.
I would like to type the key field contents into a Text box to find a range of records from which I can select the correct one, as this would be quicker.
As an example I want to list in a list box all numbers containing 8123. There may be three records that match this e.g. 8123.1, 8123.2 and 8123.3 . These would show in the Listbox. I could then select one of them and all the fields in the form would be shown for this record. If no records are found I would like a message to show no records found.
Can anyone please let me know the VB code to do this?

This discussion is locked

All Comments