Today On Premium
Natural and man-made disasters can jeopardize the operations and future of any company today. Hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist or cyberattacks are just a few examples of potentially crippling threats. As a result, the development of a disaster recovery plan is a must to ensure ongoing business processes in the wake of a crisis situation. This ...
Keeping all the various moving parts of a business running smoothly and on time requires a well-organized individual who can see the final goal of a project, develop a path to reach that goal and communicate the path that must be followed to all the individuals and teams working to bring that final goal to ...
SSL certificates are essential for encrypting traffic between systems such as clients, which access servers via web browsers or applications that communicate with remote systems. Certificates protect client and server data, commonly involving confidential information such as credit card details or social security numbers. The purpose of this SSL Certificate Best Practices Policy from TechRepublic ...
Mobile devices are a way of life in both the consumer and business realms — and business interests must be protected where the two converge. This policy from TechRepublic Premium provides guidelines for the safe and productive use of mobile devices (laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) by employees. It includes stipulations for company and employee-owned ...
The ability to measure the financial success or failure of an enterprise is driven by the double-entry bookkeeping system, a financial accounting system that dates to the 13th century and an Italian mathematician named Luca Pacioli. This list of accounting terms from TechRepublic Premium will help you grasp the vocabulary and the concepts underlying this ...
The use of social media to promote company business, provide customers with announcements and information, present upcoming milestone dates and otherwise interact with the public is now commonplace among organizations. From the smallest one-person shop to the largest multinational corporation, almost every company striving to turn a profit has a social media presence. The purpose ...
TechRepublic Premium was at the Linux Foundation’s Open Source Summit Europe 2023, held in Bilbao, Spain, September 19-21. The event is for open source developers and technologists to share information and solve problems, all in the name of innovation and improving their knowledge. In this feature, learn about the latest views on open source and ...
Developing a financial budget requires knowledge about the business, the company and the industry, as well as familiarity with budgetary terminology. This list of essential terms, courtesy of TechRepublic Premium, will help you master the basic vocabulary. From the glossary: ACCRUAL ACCOUNTING The booking of revenues when they are invoiced or expenditures when they are ...
Organizations must frequently work with third parties to repair laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, servers and other IT equipment. This policy from TechRepublic Premium ensures that the organization maintains regulatory and best business practice security compliance while tracking systems when they are being repaired. From the policy: If IT equipment must be returned to the manufacturer ...
Backup routines are the lifeblood of information technology. Protecting an organization’s data is a computer professional’s highest priority. Whether it’s hackers, disgruntled or confused users, a fire or flood, hardware failure or just thunderstorms threatening the information you’re charged with protecting, a solid backup routine is at least a best practice if not a best ...
- Sep 25: Email/Instant Message/Voicemail Retention Policy --$9
- Sep 25: Point of Sale Security Guide and Checklist -- $9
- Sep 25: Quick Glossary: Spacetech -- $29
- Sep 25: Internet and Email Usage Policy -- $19
- Sep 26: Mental Health Policy -- $19
- Sep 26: Building a Practical Chart of Accounts: Two Sample Documents -- FREE
- Sep 26: Quick Glossary: Cloud Platform Services -- $19
- Sep 26: IT Data Center Green Energy Policy -- $19
- Sep 27: Identity Theft Protection Policy -- $19
- Sep 27: Home Office Deduction Guide and Checklist -- $9
- Sep 27: Quick Glossary: Malware -- $19
- Sep 27: Internet of Things Policy -- $19
- Sep 28: Quick Glossary: Fintech -- $19
- Sep 28: Hiring Kit: Video Game Audio Engineer -- $19
- Sep 28: Anti-Money Laundering Policy -- $19
- Sep 28: EU GDPR Compliance Checklist --$9
- Oct 2: OneDrive Cloud Usage Policy -- $9
- Oct 2: GDPR Consent Request Forms: Sample Text -- $9
- Oct 2: Hiring Kit: Video Game Designer -- $19
- Oct 2: Environmental Policy -- $9
- Oct 3: GDPR Data Breach Notification Letter -- $9
- Oct 3: Anti-Discrimination Policy -- $9
- Oct 3: Hiring Kit: Technical Recruiter -- $19
- Oct 3: Security Awareness and Training Policy -- $9
- Oct 4: Hostile Workplace Prevention Policy -- $9
- Oct 4: Quick Glossary: Cybersecurity Attacks -- $19
- Oct 4: Power Checklist: Managing and Troubleshooting Android Devices -- $9
- Oct 4: Hardware Decommissioning Policy -- $9
- Oct 5: Quick Glossary: Edtech -- $19
- Oct 5: Software Installation Policy -- $9
- Oct 5: Power Checklist: Troubleshooting Hard Drive Failures -- $9
- Oct 5: New Equipment Budget Policy -- $9
- Oct 6: Project Manager Resume Template -- FREE