General discussion
March 21, 2006 at 11:58 AM
luv2bike2

ActiveX error 429

by luv2bike2 . Updated 20 years, 6 months ago

I am very new to ACCESS (all versions) so bear with me on this.

All the DB’s were set up before I joined this company so I have no clue as
to where to go to and how to fix something.

I have a Windows XP SP 2 system, with MS Office Pro Enterprise Edition 2003.
I am using Access 2003.

The problem I am having is that I can get to one point, i will click on one
item and the form will appear but than an error message will pop up saying
that:

“Microsoft Visual Basic.
Run time error “429”
ActiveX component can’t create object..
continue (which is grayed out), end, debug, help”

If I choose debug, Access will bring up MS VB form_xxxxx (code) screen. and one of the lines is hightlighted in yellow with a yellow arrow to the left of it. I have no clue as to what I should do with that. It means nothing to me. can someone explain what i need to do with that line. I have looked on other workstations and view that same exact line and it is the same, nothing is different.

I have performed all the functions that MS KB 319844 for “ActiveX component
can’t create object” error message when using Access” and none of those
resolutions helped. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319844/en-us)

I have uninstalled Office, rebooted the workstation, reinstalled Office,
installed the MS office updates and rebooted again. Went back into the DB
and tried it again and still get the that same error message.

Any one with any other suggestions!

Thanks,

This discussion is locked

All Comments