General discussion
October 21, 2004 at 12:33 PM
eminent87

Event ID 701: Service Control Manager

by eminent87 . Updated 21 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

My exchange server been acting kind of weird lately. I have been getting event id: 7011 atleast once a week. I get error 7011 for the following services every 30 seconds: IISADMIN, IMAP4SVC, W3SVC,POP3SVC, RESVC and SMTP. When this happens, there is nothing I can do except restart the server. I’ve tried stopping and restarting each of those services but they all failed to stop. This happens mostly in the evenings but all at different time, between 6pm -1am.

This is really hard to troubleshoot since the only event error I’m getting on my entire event log is the 7011 every 30 seconds. I have checked with MS knowledge base and the only thing I can find about his problem is from the kb831572 which states:

SYMPTOMS
The SMTP service on your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server computer may stop responding or may shut down unexpectedly.

When you view the application log in Event Viewer, you may see event ID 7011 logged with messages that are similar to the following:Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the SMTPSVC service. Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the RESvc service.Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the IISADMIN service. Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the W3SVC service.

CAUSE: This problem may occur if a message that has a corrupted time stamp is received by your Exchange 2000 computer. This problem occurs when the FILETIME attribute of the message is not valid.

RESOLUTION:A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next Exchange 2000 Server service pack that contains this hotfix.

This discussion is locked

All Comments