General discussion
December 24, 2004 at 05:27 AM
jfsalazar

Exchange 5.5 mailboxes from Outlook 2003

by jfsalazar . Updated 21 years, 9 months ago

Hi,
I have problems connecting to my exchange 5.5 mailbox from my Outlook 2003… Nobody else here has this problem because I’m the first one using Outlook 2003.
When typing in the exchange server name (for instance “MAIL”) and my mailbox name in the Outlook configuration, the Exchange server name switches to “mail.company.com” and underlines my name as if it were recognized, but when opening Outlook it closes right away with the error message “cannot access the specified mailbox”. The same problem in my laptop which has Office 2003 of course!? I’m forced to use OWA which lacks a lot of functionality…
I have noticed that I can access my mailbox from other computers running Outlook 2002, so it is not a problem in Exchange, maybe a way Outlook 2003 works? but why it rejects to open my ailbox even though it recognizes when configuring?
Please your help and comments will be very much appreciated,

—
JFS

This discussion is locked

All Comments