General discussion
February 15, 2005 at 05:35 AM
tonythetiger

FP 2002 and XP pro

by tonythetiger . Updated 21 years, 7 months ago

We just installed a new PC for our Web administrator. I installed Front Page complete install taking all the defaults. On her old computer she was able to log on to remote web sites to change them no problem but now she can’t when the PC is logged in as her, but she can if the PC is logged in as me (admin priveleges). The symptom is it keeps asking for a username and password, even though she types in the right ones. I looked on Microsoft’s knowledge base and found the symptom, but their solution had to do with the WEB root, and that’s definitely not the problem.

I bumped her up to power user on the machine but that didn’t help. Her old machine was Windows 2000 pro and she was able, but she was on the adminlist for that machine (new policy from higher up says users aren’t allowed to be machine admins).

I’m sure the problem is at the machine end, and possibly either registry permissions or some obscure file in the system directory but I have no idea where to start looking.

PS We are in a multi-domain environment (haven’t went to AD yet), and the Webs she needs to edit are in a different Domain.

This discussion is locked

All Comments