General discussion
November 14, 2005 at 02:57 PM
navtec

Help: Outlook 2002 & Autocomplete list?

by navtec . Updated 20 years, 11 months ago

Background: System OS = Win XP Pro SP2, MS Office Professional 2002; I have a user who used Outlook Express prior to our implementing Outlook 2002. I?m not real ?up? on the ins & outs of OE and the Windows Address Book (WAB) and how they relate to Outlook. All that said this user has entered multiples of misspelled email addresses and/or names for several contacts when he was using OE and/or since we imported OE into Outlook. Now it is a ?problem? because he cannot seem to identify accurately which name is for which email address. I have seen the names come up under Autocomplete when he starts typing in a name and can find some entries in Outlook Contact list but NOT ALL. I can only assume that the others exist in the Windows Address Book or some CACHE buried in the system.

Question: How do I find ALL locations (Outlook Express, Windows Address Book, Autocomplete Cache, etc) WHERE these named entries exist and HOW do I delete them from all those locations? ?Permanently including the Autocomplete cache?

This discussion is locked

All Comments