General discussion
September 9, 2004 at 01:28 AM
ign_timoga

Lotus Notes 4.6.1 setup problems

by ign_timoga . Updated 20 years, 12 months ago

I am a neophyte about Lotus Notes. We are setting up Lotus Notes 4.6.1 for a 90-day trial version. I have successfully installed the Notes server on an IBM Netfinity 7000 machine running on NT 4.0. And also setup client Notes on a PC workstation. However when I tried to open a server database at the PC workstation, the following messages appears:

1. Checking for nscdvs. on TCPIC using address ‘nscdvs.’
2. Notes server is not a known TCP/IP host.
3. Unable to find the path to server ‘nscdvs.’

The server name is nscdvs. It uses TCP/IP protocol and NetBios over IP. The PC workstation is Win98 with TCP/IP and Netbeui protocols also.

Any ideas on how to solve these problems?

This discussion is locked

All Comments