General discussion
August 21, 2005 at 04:24 PM
claudethecrow_1

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Help

by claudethecrow_1 . Updated 21 years, 1 month ago

I am having trouble getting rid af a niggly problem with Outlook when I set up a clients email.
The system is running Win XP Home with Service pack 2 and latest updates,
The problem for my client started 2 weeks ago, The incoming mail server, no matter how many time I change it to the same as the recieving mail sever eg mail.iip.com.au when I restart my clients computer the incoming mail server has “localhost” in the incoming mail part.
Now for the things i have tried to recitify this problem,
1/ repair Microsoft Office – no such luck the localhost came back
2/ re-install Microsoft Office 2000 – no such luck the localhost came back
3/ Went thru and set up email 6 times and every time the computer was re-started the local host was back agian in the incoming mail reciever,
I spent 5 hours doing this computer and I still havent recified the problem, I rang some technical frieds but they were no help.
You are my last hope before I go off the deep end and lose a good client, please can you be of any assistance. I do not know why this problem started accurring as my client couldn’t remember what they had did before it started happening,
I did an anti-virus scan and that was clean.
The only spyware program they are using is Adware se I have never heard of that changing settings at all, They use pc-illin antivirus also. Please email me at claudethecrow_1@optusnet.com.au with any sugeestions(not rude ones) that may be useful.

This discussion is locked

All Comments