General discussion
December 12, 2005 at 09:35 AM
parier

MS Access 200x

by parier . Updated 20 years, 8 months ago

Should be easy…
Please reply using the field names in the formula, if applicable.

I have an employee table, skills table and another table that has the emp_id, skill_id to identify which employee have which skills,

So, lets use this for the ee.table
emp_id emp_code last_name
1 ab123 Babbit
2 fd456 Dillon
3 ds789 Smith

Skill Table
skill_id s_Name s_Desc
1 Poker p
2 Blackjack b
3 Craps c

emp_skills table

emp_id skill_id
1 1
1 2
2 2
2 3
3 1
3 2
3 3

Now, I want a report that has the employee_code and the skill_desc field, but all on one line, like this

Employee Skills
——— ——–
ab123 pb
fd456 bc
ds789 pbc

But here is what I get
ab123 p
ab123 b
fd456 b
fd456 c
ds789 p
ds789 b
ds789 c

Suppressing dups does not cut it, still same number of lines, so dont go there.

I?m sure there is a function for this, but how to I search for it if I don?t know what its called, besides, its points for YOU! 🙂

I can provide remote access for assistance if this will be easier, just let me know.

Thank you in advance.

This discussion is locked

All Comments