General discussion
July 29, 2005 at 08:58 AM
paul.e.clifford

Problem with Access 2000

by paul.e.clifford . Updated 21 years, 2 months ago

On a two station network running Access 2000, the remote station suddenly has gotten the message cannot find file. The network is operating fine. The remote station can see the file but can’t open it. If you copy the file to a new location the remote station can now open it again. When the station with the file on its disk opens the file the remote station can still open it, but after the host station closes the file, the remote station can no longer open it until it is again moved. Both systems have all updates for Win XP and Office 2k. I also duplicated the problem on two other systems running Office 2K. I did find out that by moving the file to another system running Office 2003 the problem isn’t there, but that system isn’t available where the problem exists. This does not happen in Word or Excell. They function normally. I also tried it with another Access file and the same thing happens. Help!

PC

This discussion is locked

All Comments