General discussion
April 24, 2006 at 05:02 AM
peter.berger@genexsrvcs

SMS2003 question about query and wql

by peter.berger@genexsrvcs . Updated 20 years, 5 months ago

Hi all — I am trying to run an SMS2003 query against two Object Types. The manual says I cannot do this and must create my own WQL statements with the ‘unspecified’ object type. I can get the WQL statements to work by themselves, but when I put them together I cannot get it to work. I don’t know WQL and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me construct a valid WQL statement from these 2 below? What I am typing to accomplish is to find anyone who has an application installed (shiprequest) and is in the “ISS All Staff” Active Directory group.
Any help/411 would be great. thanks…

1st WQL Statement:
select SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = “ShipRequest”

2nd WQL Statement:
select UsergroupName from SMS_R_UserGroup where UniqueUsergroupName = “ISS All Staff” order by UsergroupName

This discussion is locked

All Comments