General discussion
July 15, 2004 at 11:50 AM
scottf

Win Installer / Office 2000 / Win XP

by scottf . Updated 22 years, 2 months ago

I have several new machines that have Windows XP installed on them, I loaded Office 2000 on them using Windows 2000 Server Active Directory and a *.msi package that was created some time ago. The result of this effort left us with the Windows Installer error described in MS Technet Knowledge Base article: KB315346. I have followed the directions concerning fixes explained in this artcle; but, we are still getting the error. Everytime we attempt to load software on these machine, repair office using the following menu path: , , from excel and/or word we get the same error. Basically, we can’t load any software or remove any software, we have followed the steps in the technet article and we have searched the Internet for possible fixes of which we have found none that work.
Thanks for the help with this!!
Scott

This discussion is locked

All Comments