General discussion
April 15, 2003 at 07:52 AM
natecasp

Creating Exchange 2000 mailboxes

by natecasp . Updated 23 years, 5 months ago

I have 2 servers with one being a Active Directory controller. I also have Exchange 2000 running on the active directory box. The problem is that when I add a user when logged into the 2nd server it does not create an Exchange mailbox. Obviously when Exchange 2000 was installed on the active directory server it added functionality to the Active Directory for Users and Computers mmc plugin. The second server however only have the standard Window 2K server adminpak loaded which enabled it to administer the Active Directory and add/remove users. How do I add the Exchange admin module to my Active Directory for Users and Domains on the second server? Without this I can’t add or delete mailboxes. In fact if I try to add a user with a mailbox from this 2nd server it corrupts something and I have to delete and re-create the user on the Active Directory server.

This discussion is locked

All Comments