General discussion
June 26, 2003 at 01:59 PM
bhrdwh

Display Chinese in English Access 2000

by bhrdwh . Updated 23 years, 3 months ago

I am using Win2K Server OS + SP3 + all security patches with English language version OS with MS Office 2000 SP3 (English version) ? Access 2000.

On opening a Chinese language Access 2000 Database file in enaglish language Access 2000, I see the table opens up but can only see the English language characters, rest all others (Chinese) are displaying as square boxes.

I have already added Chinese language (\\CD\i386\Lang) support in Control Center – Regional Settings & IE – so now a Chinese web site “www.sohu.com” gets displayed fine, no display problems at all for it.

1. How do we enable displaying viewing of Unicode (Chinese) characters in english language version of Microsoft Access 2000 ?
2. Can we port this Chinese data fromAccess 2000 into a English language version SQL Server ? Any issues faced ?

Akash

This discussion is locked

All Comments