General discussion
December 16, 2002 at 11:00 PM
chief120

Exchange 2000 NNTP browser via HTTP

by chief120 . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

I’m an newcomer to Exchange. Right now I’m using Exchange 2000 to power a series of newsgroups for a class. Most users can connect via NNTP with no problem, but some users can’t for a variety of reasons (work blocks the NNTP port, main computer lab lacks an NNTP program, etc.). I need to provide a way for users to read and post to the newsgroups via the web.

Microsoft’s newsgroups are accessible both via NNTP and HTTP and the HTTP viewer works fairly well. My assumption is that Microsoft is using Exchange to power these newsgroups. Is there any way I can turn on the HTTP viewer like Microsoft’s got? Is this a part of Exchange or a separate product? The prof turned on some basic Exchange HTTP browser feature but it doesn’t give agood view of what posts have been read and is fairly clunky to use. If this is not available, does anyone have a suggestion on a decent product that will allow users to view NNTP posts via the web that is fairly inexpensive?

Matthew

This discussion is locked

All Comments