General discussion
March 18, 2003 at 10:58 AM
michael34

Extream Windows 2000 Problems

by michael34 . Updated 23 years, 6 months ago

Hello All

My problem is the other day for some reason when I turned on my PC, Windows 2000 (when it is in the boot screen with the white bar) it gave me some driver errors and said I needed to reinstall windows. So I formatted, and went with a dual boot of 98 / 2000 (using FAT32). Now here is what I installed and here is what is going on.

I installed: MS Office 2000 and 2002, Dazzle DV80, Windows 2000 SP3. I restarted and installed CD Creator 4.0, Direct CD and Clone CD and Restarted. I got a elby error saying some driver for my CD-R was currupted or something, and if I wanted to remove it from the regestry, so I did and restarted and wala. The nice blue screen of death. Everything windows 2000 Pro got to the 2nd boot stage the blue bars would get about 4/5 of the way and then blue screen. Can some one please tell me:

After a Format, Why does Windows 2000 Pro take me about 10 Min to load (used to take only 1)
Why am I getting all these error messages all of a sudden?
What would cause the Drivers (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS) folder to be removed when I shut down and restarted?

Any help would be appriciated.

This discussion is locked

All Comments