Hi,
I have a network with NT4 Server and NT4/Win2000 Pro clients. All users have roaming profiles, so that they can log on any PC and work from there.
After one of the users, who usually uses an NT4 PC, logged on to the Win2000 PC, the Edit shortcut keys (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V) respond very slowly, both on the 2000 PC and his own NT4.
For example, the user can mark a section in Word or Excel, and when he uses Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X to copy or cut the selection, the PC hangs for a long enough time to be very annoying.
This behaviour does not happen if he uses the Edit menu, only the shortcut keys. And it seemed to happen after he once used the Win2000 PC, which makes me wonder if something has happened to his roaming profile.
Any ideas on this? I’ve read discussions here on TechRepublic that mention problems with roaming profiles in mixed environments, but problems like this haven’t been mentioned.
I thank you in advance!