I have two HP / Compaq ML 530 G2 Servers that are experiencing Unexpected Reboots. Compaq Insight Manager shows periodic ASR that correspond to the reboots, but not always. Also, the Event Log is virtually no help.
In the last 30 days, the Dev server has experienced 16 Unexpected Reboots and 12 ASR’s. The Production server has experienced 8 Unexpected Reboots and 5 ASR’s.
On the Dev server, there are occasional dumpchks that reference a STOP 0x000000d1 and the memory addresses whichare random.
My first inclination is hardware, especially memory.
On the Dev server, I have updated the Compaq / HP Support Pak so all the system hardware drivers are current, as well as flashed the BIOS. This was per a 4.5 hour conference callwith Microsoft and Compaq on Sunday of this week.
Also, I have removed the check box on the “Automatically Restart on Bugcheck” option and allowed the Server to blue screen. The BS was absolutely no help. It only said to “Contact your Hardware Vendor”.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!